Thursday, December 7, 2006

Birthday Candles

You’ve read from my previous post what I felt before celebrating my birthday. I really felt that the world is in my shoulders that time. I didn’t really want to celebrate my birthday because I felt that I am going nowhere. I had an interview with a Partner from KPMG Ireland two days before Christmas and I felt that I sacked it because the interview lasted for just fifteen minutes. I’ve waited for two years just to have that opportunity and I am not sure if I did impress the partner to hire me. Worse, two weeks after my interview, I still haven’t heard anything from the Company.

But I had no choice, whatever I do, I cannot avoid my birthday. So, I celebrated it with my family. We ate dinner in one of our favorite restaurants. I pretend that everything was fine that time but if only they could read my mind, they would know that something was bothering me. Until, they told the waiter that it was my birthday and as a complement from the restaurant, the waiters sang happy birthday for me and gave me a small cake with a magic candle. When it was the time to blow the candle, I prayed a simple wish - “Lord, I want to be in Ireland..” As the magic candle kept burning even I continued blowing, I whispered repeatedly that only one wish I had on my silver birthday. “Lord, I want to be in Ireland.”

Just two days after my birthday, out of nowhere, an angel called me to check my yahoo mail. Surprisingly, there was an e-mail in my inbox with a subject, “Offer”. I opened it immediately and after I read it, I almost wanted to jump because of so much joy. KPMG Ireland offered me a job as an Audit Senior. The salary and relocation allowance was laid there. I was really euphoric. This is really a dream come true, an answered prayer, a wish granted. God is so good to me.

So now, it’s exactly one month before my 26th birthday. Of course, I don’t have the same feeling as last year. I am very excited to celebrate my birthday. I’ve been planning it since October (haha!). I am not afraid to add another candle on my cake because I’ve learned that birthday wishes do come true if you just believe in yourself and in God.

No comments:

Post a Comment