Thursday, November 30, 2006

Eve of my 25th Birthday

This was written almost a year ago and obviously this is not what i feel anymore. But I want to share this for people to know that birthday wishes do come true and God really listens to our prayers.

It’s almost 2:00 in the morning and yet I’m still wide awake. One part of my mind tells me to sleep while the other still wants to bother me with a lot of thoughts. In less than 24 hours I will be turning a year older. Absurd as it may sounds, but I really can’t accept that I will be 25 years old already. It’s not that I am afraid to grow old but with what’s happening around me – friends getting married, invitation to a child’s baptism or birthday party, send-off dinners to friends going abroad. It seems people my age should be like that… so where am I going right now?

I am not happy with what I had become right now. I made a big mistake in the past which I regret until now. I was being hasty with my decisions on entering a door without knowing what’s inside of it. I was blinded by the digits offered to me, not considering what will be the value of it in my journey.

I know I still have a lot of good people and things around me that I should thank for. I know a lot of people would want to trade places with me just to have parents like mine. And, I know a lot of girls want me to be out of their way just to be with my boyfriend. I know I am blessed... despite all my mistakes, God is always at my side that’s why even the hardest challenges that He gave me, I am still with Him because I know all that’s happening to me has a purpose.

I am tired… i want to shutdown the computer but my mind keeps on thinking and thinking and thinking… I will lie down, close my eyes and pray that hopefully when I wake up tomorrow, after all these reflections; it would be a happy birthday for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment